SO LITTLE TIME, SO MUCH TO KNOW

Things handmade. About making things.
Is music a thing?

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's after Midnight in Helsinki

But only just past 5 in the evening back home. I keep finding myself wide awake when I ought to be falling asleep.

I thought compulsively correcting the ghastly hem (gruesome photographic evidence to follow) on the darned ermm I mean DElightful baby sweater that I still need to make TWO of by the end of May, would make me sleepy but it has not.

Helsinki is a lovely city. The cast of actors I'm working with at the Svenska Teatern are terrific. They are going to sound wonderful. I've had some really nice walks after the rehearsals.


These guys really made me miss my gang (Cats & Boyfriend) (not necessarily in that order).
And what did I discover? That a really nice yarn shop (Menita) is less than a block from my apartment.
And there is another interesting shop full of Finnish Handicrafts (Taito Shop) that, little did I know, also stocks Finnish wool....
Oh Finnish Handicrafts are beautiful. I think our mum, who is a fan of Marimekko fabrics, instilled a love of this sort of thing into me and all my siblings at a very young age. It is going to be hard not let my inner magpie override my bank account......

2 comments:

LT said...

Each of those cats reminds me of someone I know... Do you have any shots of the beautiful Svenska Teatern? And when does 'Goodness' premiere?

knittin'b said...

hello

Goodness opens in September - I think about the 14th...
I will check that. It is an excellent piece of work and if you are in Helsinki at the time and speak Swedish (!) I honestly recommend it. Not because I had anything to do with it but because it is a very good piece of theatre. it will be in the mini - not the main hall.
We saw a show in the main theatre last night...I have a few photos and will take some more. I am often very interested in details. Architecture in general around here is intriguing...
We have a little detour this afternoon to Vaasa to meet with one of the actors who is unable to join us for this section of the the rehearsal...
More Helsinki images in the days ahead...so little time!!!